Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy January!

Welcome, 2012, I wasn't sure I was ready for you.  Apparently, though, my readiness matters not; here we are anyhow! 

We are home from Montatna, and had a lovely visit.  I did get to snowshoe back into the land where I had seen the moose on horse, and I DID get to see the moose again, closer this time.  Sadly, I didn't get any good photos. There were lots of reasons why I didn't, but essentially it boils down to not wanting to disturb the moose too much (and be accidentally charged upon in the process).  Needless to say, a quiet snowshoe in the woods with another moose sighting was a magical experience.

Now I find myself in a quiet place; between the chaos of the holiday shipping/creating rush and the next cycle of sales.  I have taken this time to rest, actually.  But now I find that it's time to clean up the studio and get my finances in order.  Tonight I am excited to go see a seminar called, "Sacred Economics," which is being led by Charles Eisenstein.  I'm interested in what he has to say because I feel that my business model does not fit neatly into the conventional mold, and truth be told, I don't want it to.  Mr. Eisenstein asserts that an economic model that encourages community, conservation, quality of life and love is a more sustainable model than the one that is currently promoted.  I believe that with all my heart; the question is: how to implement it and still make a living?  How can I bring this into my personal and professional financial life?  I can't wait to find out!  I will report back with what I learn.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Welcome back... so happy that you got to safely see Mr. Moose again. :)

The seminar sounds very interesting. I heard someone on Tv recently talking about how they predict in the not too distant future our current way of thinking in terms of how to run a successful businesses will be replaced with a new vision of one that focuses on exactly what your Mr. Eisenstein is asserting. Hope it catches on. Sounds like a path to a much happier and healthier world!

juglans said...

Happy January to you! I also have a lack of readiness for some things in my life now. I hope you enjoyed the seminar!

picciolo said...

Hi Colleen, I'm jealous of the snow shoes, they sound amazing! I don't blame you for not wanted to disturb the moose, they look huge, and I bet it was magical to see them. How was the seminar? It sounded perfect for you
x

Carol said...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the seminar. Thanks for sharing all that you do!