Monday, November 24, 2008

Diligence


This past couple of weeks my daughter has been sick with a nasty cold. And then I got sick. And it was really rainy outside. We laid on the couch together and sipped tea. It sounds so idyllic and wonderful when I put it that way, but we were snorkling snot, coughing, and moaning. We got little sleep. We were cranky and frankly, we got tired of each other. FINALLY we're feeling better, and yesterday the sun was out. We went for a long long walk, and I noticed that my daffodils are not only up, they're trying to bloom! It's almost December up here in the Pacific Northwest. What the heck?? But it was a nice little spiritual reckoning for me, seeing those tender bittys standing up tall and ripening their buds. Maybe I'll have daffodils on my Thanksgiving table this year; that would be a first!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Ick! I'm so sorry you've both been feeling lousy but sooo glad you're back to the world again!

I love thinking that maybe your daffodils are itching for a little taste of Thanksgiving :).