Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Gift of Friendship

I am increasingly aware of how lucky I am to be surrounded by high quality friendships.  This is something that has kept me upright during the most difficult times.

Something that I'm realizing in this modern day of computing is that I have friendships that are deep and meaningful with people all over the world that I've never met in person.  One such friend is Flavia, a fellow crafty Mama who lives in Brazil.  We have always felt a connection through our love of fiber arts and the mothering of children with special needs.  But since Bronwyn died, she has been a rock for me.  Yesterday, just as I was feeling a little blue, a special package arrived from her.  It was a bright and sunny pair of fabric prints; one with tea cups, the other with a retro red blossom.  I was immediately reminded of my bond with her and felt that everything was going to be allright. Today it was sunny enough to hang the laundry outside and, of course, the first thing I was inspired to wash was my new fabric.  Doesn't it look wonderful soaking up the breeze? 

I can't wait to start sewing with it (but I must; too many projects in the queue at the moment to start another)!

May this day find your uplifted by your own special friendships.

Teacup fabric designed by Suzy Ultman for Robert Kaufman.  The line is called "Metro Cafe"  Blossom fabric is designed by Alice Kennedy for Timeless Treasures and is called, "Poppy"


6 comments:

Flavia said...

honey, i loved the post!
Beautiful the photo hung it on the line!
i´m so glad you liked it!
thank you for your friendship
kisses from Brazil
:)

Victoria said...

What a great gift! I am sure that you will make something wonderful from it!

(And yes, it is amazing the connections that the internet has allowed us to make with others. The town I live in is very small, and local friendships with shared interests and understandings can be difficult. Sometimes I feel very isolated. It's so comforting to know that in reality, the world is full of caring friends.)

Molly Elizabeth said...

Such a lovely and thoughtful gift! I love the fabrics. But the best blessing of all is the special friendship.

wishes, true and kind said...

LOL -- I just left a comment that is from Molly Elizabeth, but it is actually me, Joan. I didn't realize that I was signed in as my daughter :D. I forgot that she stopped by yesterday.

Colleen MacDonald said...

Victoria, I'm so glad to have you as an internet pal, and that you have the world at your fingertips for those times that you feel isolated.

Joan, that's so funny! I've done that before, too. Love you hon!

picciolo said...

what a thoughtful gift, those fabrics look amazing on the line!
: )