Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Today I am finding myself a little overwhelmed.  Well actually, I find myself feeling that way quite a bit.  The sad part is that in being overwhelmed, I buckle down to only the most critical tasks at hand, which means that I end up neglecting some important and beloved activities, such as my blog.  You are, dear reader, probably used to this from me by now.  Fits and starts seems to be my M.O. when it comes to "extra-curricular" activities. 

A couple of days ago, I got a note from a friend, amazing artist and fellow blogger, Kristina of Inaluxe, that she's nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. 

Wow, the guilt of being such a poor blogger really sets in now!  Although I feel completely undeserving, it really makes me feel loved to know that you are willing to stick with me through my unpredictable posting.  Thank-You, Kristina!  Part of the "rules" of receiving this award include listing 7 things about onesself that others might find interesting.  Since I was lucky enough to get this award about a year ago, You will be able to know 14 things about me.  Whether they are interesting are not, I will leave up to you.  To find out the first seven, you can go to the original post here.   I did a little bit of research on the Kreativ Blog award, and found out that it originated in Norway from a blogger here.  And in this research, I came across a writer who suggested that recipients make their own logo for the Kreativ Blog Award, to honor their creativity.  I thought that was a nice idea, so I have also done that.

In catch up work, I have made some more pinnafores for Bronwyn.  It's really feeling like spring now, and all of the pinnies that I had made before were more "fall" and "winter" in their aesthetic.  So here are two that I have pictures of to show you.  I can't tell you how happy I am with these little garments.  They fit her well, and they really work to keep her shirts dry.  And the fact that they don't look like bibs is just the sweetest icing on the proverbial cake!
And those seven things?  Let's have a go:

1) Creatively, I am most productive at night.  I think this has more to do with when I can find the house quiet than anything else, but there it is.

2) I love to drink tea, but I find that I don't want to do without my hearty mug of coffee every morning.

3.) I got my college degree in Marine Biology with a minor in Botany.  I then went on to the University of Washington in Seattle to study scientific illustration.

4.) I make friends with my whole heart, but I never have the time to give them the attention that they deserve.

5.) Exercise makes me feel like a whole person.  Flossing my teeth empowers me.

6.) I used to be an avid SCUBA diver, now I am too busy.

7.) I am a Sudoku nerd.




No comments: