Friday, April 16, 2010

The Sounds of Silence

If you've been checking my blog lately, you may have heard a tumbleweed or two pass by, and maybe even a cricket chirping.  It's been a little quiet, but sometimes that's a good thing.  Life goes through times of being too busy for any "extras" and that has been true for me for a couple of weeks.  But I feel things coming back to center again, which is lovely. 

I'm so excited to tell you that one of my friends, who is an artist in Portland Oregon, opened a small gift studio (Stonehenge Studios) and she asked me to contribute my line to her offerings.  I've been sewing like mad (happy mad) so that I can send her a nice big assortment of goodies Among these will be tissue scarves, made from the most lucious cotton voile.  Anna Maria Horner designed this jewel pallete of fun prints that I thought were perfect for spring and summer.
And I've also made an assortment of fun zippered pouches: a real jellybean collection!  In the end, I hope to be able to send a little bit of everything, bt I still have a ways to go before I get there.
Right now the weather is fine, the gardening is good, and there's lots to do.  I'm breathing it in and just enjoying it.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW LINE!

When I open my hypothetical gift boutique, I will surely be commissioning you in a heartbeat!

Colleen MacDonald said...

YAY! Your dream boutique would be AMAZING; you have such good taste (in my humble opinion).

inaluxe said...

Hi Colleen, so nice to see you excited, and sewing like (happy) mad! Wonderful news. woo-hoo! big hugs, and I love the new range. xo

Stephanie said...

P.S. Got a compliment yesterday on the wallet you made me while I was shopping here: http://kitschicagoan.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-it-your-own-dmn-self-2010.html

Colleen MacDonald said...

That is so cool, Steph!

picciolo said...

Everything looks wonderful, what an exciting opportunity! Great photos too.
: )

(I am having a giveaway on my blog at the moment, you could win one of my new design necklaces)

vadjutka said...

Congrats for your friend and your new collection-debut in her shop!

I also love those Anna maria Horner fabrics - they are so cheerful!

They look lovely hanging in your garden! :-)

Jacquie said...

Hi Colleen! I can't wait to have these amazing things in Stonehenge Studios!!!!! I'll see you very soon! I may be coming to Olympia Wednesday... I'll call you. much love, jacquie

Victoria said...

Beautiful new pieces! Your work always looks so polished, pretty and professional. Congrats on the new venue, and here's to taking some time to breath. :0)

Bev Harrison said...

Well your blog brings joy to our hearts! Your work is so fresh and beautiful. I'm in a pea patch again this year and I know that feeling of having the cold crops in but just waaaaiiittttiiinnnnnggggg for the warmth for the tomatoes and basil seeds. Keep up the great work and inspiring blog.

Colleen MacDonald said...

Thank-You so much, Bev!