Friday, April 23, 2010

The Ultimate Mama

Yesterday was Earth Day, and I spent much of it in reflection.  Bronwyn is sick right now, and so I was in "Mama Mode" and it felt somehow that the circle was being completed. 

When I was in my early twenties, I found a greeting card with this image on it.  I have kept it prominently displayed ever since.  It's pretty tattered now, so I re-wrote it to share with you.  Accompanied by this little video, I felt it a fitting tribute to the Mother of us all.  May we be ever loved, and ever love her.

3 comments:

obabydotcom said...

Awesome movie clip!
Love, love, loved it!!!
Oh Baby dotcom
http://ohbabydotcom.etsy.com

Victoria said...

Very, very beautiful. The sad thing is, there would also be people who would try to steal the small blue earth, who would try to exploit it for their own monetary gains... and that is not only incredibly sad, but also why we are in the mess that we are. Thankfully I believe that the goodness in people exceeds the negative, and because of this I continue to have hope.

Colleen MacDonald said...

Sadly true, Victoria. But I also have hope that there are more protectors than destroyers out there!