Thursday, June 9, 2011

Handwork

I've been slowing down in my craftiness; not that I'm actually crafting less, mind you, but I'm re-discovering my passion for hand work.  During my vacation at the beach, I had the opportunity to trade needle skills with one of my girlfriends (I knit and she crochets).  We taught each other the rudiments of our respective needle craft and I'm so happy to have another stick to make knots with now!  I went into my yarn stash and found little balls of cashmere that I had left over from previous projects.  There's just enough there to make a fun bunch of swirly flowers.  Maybe I'll add clips or pinbacks to them, or maybe something else, who knows? 

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Ooohh cashmere! That sounds lovely!
I really enjoy crochet, and find it very easy and soothing. (Knitting eludes me). I hope you are enjoying the process!

Colleen MacDonald said...

I know, the yarn is SO incredibly soft and yummy. So far, crocheting feels okay, but the patterns are completely gibberish to me. I need a few more lessons...