Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer

Well, officially it's summer but it has been unseasonably cool and overcast.  The upside to that type of weather is that it is perfect for growing salad greens.  Every night Brian and I eat a delicious, just picked salad from the garden.  The greens are so tender they practically melt in your mouth.  I love to add fresh dill and arugula for some peppery, herbal flavor.  Once the basil (in the hotbox) is ready, I'll add that, too!

I have a small craft fair coming up early in July and I've been working on some inventory for the event.  I've had a lot of requests for more zippered pouches, so I've been sewing up some of them.  I love this one with the chicken print!  I lined the inside with a green woodgrain print by Joel Dewberry.  It's very "down home on the farm, I think!"
Happy Summer, everyone.  I hope some of you are seeing some sun!

No comments: