Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, it's been a little bit since my last post. Bronwyn is still not in school, and Brian has taken some time off from work so I've been spending my time with my two favorite people. Last night Brian and I played cards instead of veging out in front of a movie. It was great!



The snow is melting now, and it's warm outside again. My onions survived the cold, and my seed catalogue arrived in the mail... I'm already dreaming about the spring planting. And in that vein, I've been reading an inspiring and very well written book: "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver. It is definitely making me think differently about the foods that I eat and what I grow in my own garden. So yes, my thoughts are of spring.

Here are some wallets that I made recently that make me think of the changing season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little wallets are so cute!

I am dreaming of spring, too. I can't wait to get outside and get my hands dirty in the garden. It'll be another four or five months of snow though. Ick!

Colleen MacDonald said...

Thanks, Katie. WOW, another FIVE months of snow?? I can't imagine that. I'll be planting peas on President's Day. I like the snow, but I think that much would be a little TOO much for me. :)

inaluxe said...

Happy New Year Colleen! If it helps, it is boiling hot over here in Australia today, and the summer has been the oddest one ever. Cold and hot extremes... I just wish it was autumn! :) I love your purses, they are really really gorgeous!

Have fun :) speak soon...

Colleen MacDonald said...

Thanks, I am almost wishing for blistering heat, but I try not to go there and just enjoy what I have right now. It will be hot soon enough. I wonder if the wonky weather is just cyclical or an indicator of the global warming crisis.... AACK