Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Olivia's Garden Bag



WOW, it has been unbelievably hot this past week, and more soaring temperatures are predicted. We don't have air conditioning in our house, so we have implemented a routine of opening all of the doors and windows in the morning and using fans to try to cool the dwelling down. Then, when the outside is starting to warm, we shut the house up and hope for the best. Our best sleep comes early in the morning, but being creatures of habit, Brian and I wake up around the same time in the morning and get started on our day. Bronwyn has been sleeping in, which is lovely. I am finding time to work in the morning while Bronwyn sleeps and it is such a nice experience! I have a large picture window in my studio, and with the window open, I can hear all of the bird conversations and arguments. Anyhow, I guess my point is that I'm actually managing to get some work done. Here, I'm showing you pictures of a bag that I recently finished for my friend Olivia. I custom made it from fabrics of her choosing. The outside is from Amy Butler, and it is lined with a quilting fabric from Michael Miller. Olivia liked the lining because it has "O's" all over it, so she felt it would be Olivia's Bag, and noone else's!

3 comments:

Amato family said...

You have beautiful stuff. Pour Some Sugar sent me here.

ConnieB said...

you are super talented! Pour some sugar on me sent me!

Sarah Sar said...

Pour Some Sugar On Me sent me here...that gardenbag is stunning!