see one of my first blog posts about it) and I finally found a project that I thought was worthy of cutting it up for. The thread count on this stripe is really high and the hand is very soft. I put Kaffe Fasset's Aboriginal Dots on the cuffs (my addition) because I thought it would be fun.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
FINALLY, I got my head wrapped around this incredibly simple pattern for a summer outfit for Bronwyn. I love the way it came out, and once I figured out what the pattern was trying to tell me, it was a snap. Patterns should be easy to read, in my opinion, but I think my brain is just wired up differently than some. Apparently, it is easier for me to invent the wheel, than to follow directions. These shorts had two pattern pieces (how easy!), and I tried to follow the directions. I really did. But finally I just said, "Screw this!" and looked at the two pieces and put them together into shorts. When I actually followed the directions, the shorts came out looking like something out of a cartoon!