Monday, January 25, 2010

Some Delicious Inspiration

One of my favorite artist friends in the blogosphere is Victoria, from The Silly BooDilly. She recently completed two works of quilting genius that have really inspired me. See them Here and Here. She used a gorgeous array of chambray fabrics (also called shot-cloth) and hand stitching to create her "working quilts". I was so inspired by this that I went out and bought an array of chambray that pleased me, and I hope to do a little hand work on them of my own.

The thing that makes chambray so rich and beautiful is that the warp and weft threads are different colors. When they are woven together, they create a fabric that has subtle changes in color and sheen depending on the light and how you look at it. See for yourself: aren't these divine??




6 comments:

inaluxe said...

oh those fabrics are so divine: I love the weave in them too! Ummmm and oh my goodness - that quilt is one incredible thing of beauty! It's awesome. Hope you're well Colleen. xo

picciolo said...

What a lovely collection of colours - I love Victorias quilts too!
: )

vadjutka said...

gorgeous colors - I'd love to see what comes out in the end :-)

The Gale Family said...

Hey long lost cousin! Your blog and your projects are lovely! I enjoyed the picture of Bronwyn as well! It is fun to see her! Hope you have a fantastic day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colleen MacDonald said...

Is that my cousin Julie? Love you, honey.